Vision Zero Merseyside
Proposals to eradicate fatal and serious injuries
to pedestrians and cyclists in Merseyside
|Wirral Pedestrians Association and Merseyside Cycling Campaign published outline proposals in October 2013.|
NewsDfT road casualty data from 2013
remained poor for Merseyside pedestrians and cyclists
- the pedestrian casualty rate (deaths or serious injuries) was again the worst in Great Britain
- the cyclist total of deaths or serious injuries was at a 20-year high
- 53% of deaths or serious road casualties were pedestrians or cyclists
- there were two child deaths - one was a child cyclist and the other a child pedestrian.
Active Travel in Liverpool: an unmet opportunity for health and wellbeing
Merseyside Cycling Campaign made a submission to the Mayoral Commission on Sustainability in July 2014See here.
Merseyside Cycling Campaign made a presentation to to the Liverpool Council Road Safety Scrutiny Panel in June 2014.See here.
- Read the Outline Proposals here
- Download the Outline Proposals as a .pdf from here
- Read the responses to our proposals here, including Robert Goodwill's and the Liverpool Echo's.